Ongoing optimisation of a PPC campaign is perpetual. Assuming everything else is equal, the longer a campaign is optimised the better the peformance. This only works however, if the optimisation is effective. In addition to best practices we use the latest machine-learning technology to dynamically optimise bids in near real-time to provide our clients with a competitive advantage.
Over 46 reviews we currently have 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Increase Enquiries & Sales
Following strategy and implementation, the next stage is optimisation: a perpetual process of test, measurement and refinement is essential to drive progress.
Please note that the below examples are not exhaustive.
To optimise a PPC campaign correctly, a deep understanding of all available metrics and how the impact one another is essential. By studying these metrics regularly, we can decide which metrics to target to positively affect campaign performance.
Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
While acquisitions are a key metric, we understand they cannot come at any price. Cost per Acquisition is also a key metric for most advertisers and should, of course, be profitable, and to achieve this a process must be adhered to.
CPA is a result of the performance of several key metrics. Positively influencing these key metrics results in CPA improvements:
- Cost per click (CPC): Positively impacting CPC’s can have a significant affect on CPA, and there are some ways we can achieve this.
- Raising / Lowering Bids: Maximum CPC’s will directly affect CPA, but it’s important to note that a stated maximum CPA is not the actual cost per click you’ll pay. The actual CPC is based on a number of factors including performance history, quality score and factors such as bids from other advertisers.
As part of our optimisation process, we carefully consider what reaction any bid adjustment may occur.
A higher bid does not always result in a higher a CPA. If a higher bid results in better positioning and performance of an advert leading to a higher conversion rate, it’s possible to have a lower CPA from a higher maximum CPC.
- Where limited budget campaigns are concerned, increasing bids will likely elevate CPA’s and reduce the overall number of acquisitions.
- Where budget isn’t limited, a higher bid which results in a higher position may lead to more clicks (and higher CTR) due to increased visibility.
It’s important with any campaign to strive for the most relevant impressions. Impressions from irrelevant searches lead to wasted clicks and ad spends and the primary way we control this is by adding negative keywords.
- Adding negative keywords increases impressions as they limited the number of search terms your ads are eligible to show for. The result of this is ads showing proportionally more relevant terms leading to a higher quality of visitor due to increased relevance.
- Raising or lowering CPC’s (as mentioned above) can also affect impressions: A higher bid leads to higher ad positioning and more impressions and vice versa.
- Devices: Controlling bids and preference for mobile and desktop devices can also affect impressions. We may reduce impressions from mobile devices by adding negative bid adjustments for example.
- Match Types: Targeting keywords with more precise match types will also affect impressions – in fact, reduce them. Broad match keywords will receive a higher number if impressions compared to phrase, exact and broad match modified keywords.
- Overall Budget: An increase or decrease in the daily budget will affect impressions proportionally.
Click Through Rate (CTR)
Click through rate can be affected in a number of ways:
- Reducing impressions (by adding negative keywords) can lead to increased click-through rates.
- Ad copy improvements: Making adverts more compelling and qualifying traffic will lead to increased CTR.
- Additional keyword optimisation/ad group splitting: By creating more ads which more closely represent a given keyword increases relevance and thus can lead to increased CTR’s
- Ad Extensions: Adding highly relevant Call outs, Site Links and other extensions can positively affect CTR.
- Bid Prices: Increasing bid prices can lead to higher ad positioning and higher CTR’s.
- Quality Score Improvements: Increasing quality score can lead to higher positions without an increase in bid prices and yield higher CTR’s.
Converting more of the traffic you receive is a sure fire way to decrease CPA. How a visitor progresses through the websites conversion funnel is a key metric to understanding what factors both positively and negatively affect conversion rate.
While the above PPC metrics can contribute to a websites conversion rate, how visitors interact with your website is hugely important.
- Increasing/improving calls to action and displaying them more prominently can lead to more acquisitions. Optimisations such as simply repositioning a telephone number can lead to increased
- Increasing landing page relevance: Ensuring visitors land on highly relevant landing pages relating to their search query can have a significant impact on conversion rate.
- Simplifying the conversion funnel: Removing conversion steps and streamline the check out process (in the case of E-Commerce websites) can increase the rate of conversion from existing traffic.
- Converting Keywords: We know it’s not possible to have 100% of keywords converting 100% of the time, but we can take steps to maximise the likelihood of a conversion. Ensuring we maintain a list of converting keywords is the most obvious step but removing troublesome keywords which convert poorly may lead to a higher proportional conversion rate. Caution should always be applied here: Keywords should be permitted to incur enough cost to give them the opportunity to convert before they are discounted.
- Ad Testing: A constant multi-variant testing process is essential to pushing up conversion rates. We regularly A: B test varying ad headlines, description lines and even display URLs to test new combinations and observe changes in performance.
Why Choose DPOM?
Aside from our 5 star reviews and Google Premier Partner status, there are several further reasons why you should choose DPOM to manage your Pay Per Click advertising:
Increase Traffic & Sales
Pay Per Click advertising can be incredibly lucrative but only if managed by experienced experts who take a results-driven approach. This is why we go to great lengths to ensure we track every sale, form submission and phone call: Knowing what factors result in these actions enables us to make them happen more often. We then follow this up with regular optimisation by your account manager.
Dedicated Account Manager
When you call us, you speak to your account manager. While other members of our team will work on your account (we are a team after all!) your account manager will know EVERYTHING there is to know about your campaigns and be available to you at your convenience. You'll even have access to your account managers diary and the ability to set up a meeting whenever you need one.
Fees From £125pm
We work with both small and larger business but we understand that if you're just starting out with a low budget large management fees can be prohibitive. That's why for smaller budgets our fee starts at just £125 per month. You still get the same great service, the same benefits and the support of a Google Premier Partner to ensure that you get the very best possible results from your PPC campaigns.
Knowledge & Experience
Since 2011 we've helped over 300 businesses grow with digital marketing. Our staff are trained by Google and our internal training program is led by our Directors who are regularly called upon by the national press to provide expert insight into digital marketing. One of our Directors is even regularly invited to teach digital marketing at a University to graduate students.
Small/Medium Business Specialists
We know that as a small business, you need to extract every drop of performance from your advertising investment. We are used to working with smaller budgets and we help you 'punch above your weight' with well managed, quality campaigns designed to extract the best possible returns from your PPC budget while you concentrate on running your business.
100% Transparent Service
You pay us for our services and pay your PPC ad spend directly to the platform (E.G. Google.) You also get FULL access to your PPC account and can view our work in real-time and unfiltered. Furthermore, we give you monthly reports and discuss these over an online meeting to answer ANY questions you have. We keep NOTHING from our clients.