How to Improve your Remarketing Strategies

  • Post category:Blog / General
  • Reading time:2 mins read
How to Improve your Remarketing Strategies
Diverse People Working and Marketing Concept

Remarketing campaigns are a definite must-have for your business. The reason for this is simply: once is not enough. Have you ever surfed the web and discovered that you’re being haunted by products that you have previously viewed online? Creepy, huh?

 It’s simple! – This is remarketing (aka retargeting).

Remarketing is a feature that lets you reach people who have previously visited your website. Your ads can show to these people when they visit other websites in the Google Display Network or when they search on Google using your keywords.

 You may be wondering whether this actually works… or is it just annoying?

 Remarketing is an extremely powerful tool available to us in PPC – if you do not have a remarketing campaign; you are missing out on conversions.

Take advantage of all of your site traffic. They have already shown an interest, so they are likely to perform whatever activity is considered a ‘conversion’ on your website. In general, only 2% of visitors convert on their first visit to a website. Retargeting is designed to encourage the other 98% to come back. Without remarketing, your visitors may never return.

A huge 26% of customers will return to a site through retargeting. Remarketing can work wonders on your conversion rate, but in addition to this, remarketing is incredibly powerful for brand building. You can infuse a lot more creativity into display remarketing that will make your customers love and remember you.

How does it work?

Retargeting isn’t just magic…

First of all, you place a small, unobtrusive piece of code onto your website. Each time a new visitor comes to your site, the code drops an anonymous browser cookie. When your previous visitors are surfing the web at a later date, your ads ‘magically’ reappear!

Sounds technical, right? It’s simple! And even easier to set up via your AdWords account if you already advertise on Google.