Google has this week released a new ad extension for Google AdWords called ‘Call Outs’. Call outs appear under your AdWords adverts to allow advertisers to show off key features such as; Free Shipping, Sale Now On or Money Back Guarantee for example.
Call Out Extensions do not replace site links or any lines of your text ads and you’ll need to create at least 2 call outs per account, campaign or ad group for your ad to be eligible to show with call outs. Additionally, whilst similar in appearance to site links extensions, call outs are not links.
Key Facts of Call Out Ad Extensions:
- Highlight your business offerings
- Increase Click Through Rates
- Improve Ad Rank
- Change call outs regularly without changing ads or resetting data
- Customised call outs for mobile
- 25 character limit per call out
- Up to 4 call outs can display at any one time
- Reporting showing ad clicks for ads displaying call outs and when they appear at campaign, ad group and ad levels.
- Test: Try different call outs to improve advert CTR (Click Through Ratio)